Monday 13 May 2013

Pastel Hearts



The last couple of weeks have been crazy busy, I haven't blogged about cakes because I've been too busy baking them! The bank holiday weekend was great, the sun was shining, the birds were singing and my days started at 7am with the smell of cakes waking Bob up. Not a bad wake up call if I do say so myself, the only thing that ever wakes me up is Biscuit jumping on me at 5.30am or my annoying phone alarm (oh and that person who rings me at 2am thinking I'm someone that is actually awake at that time. Reality check, I haven't seen 2am for a at least a year now. I.Am.That.Rock.N.Roll) 

So my favourite thing to have come out of the recent bank holiday are these cute heart cupcakes, perfect for a summer wedding or vintage tea party. I made both chocolate chip and vanilla sponge with contrasting buttercream (little tip: if you use condensed milk in your butter cream it tastes amazing) along with beautiful pastel fondant hearts. When you make a large batch of heart cakes like this they look great together and really stand out on a cake table. I would definitely have these at my wedding but with a larger souffle case decorated with vintage lace and pearls. Now enough with this chatting, I'm off to plan my menu for this coming Sunday's vintage fair at the Bristol Hotel. The Cakery will be there selling a variety of scrummy cakes, I just need to work out which ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment