Tuesday 16 April 2013

Peace and Dove


Earlier on my neighbour came round to let me know that his house was burgled last night. Oh lordy, what had they taken? Nothing it seems however they had pulled down his net curtains (probably fallen over one of his many piles of books) and started the ascent upstairs only to find Vernon at the top asking very politely 'Can I help you?' Wow, maybe he could have offered them a cup of tea, some cake and a sit down while  they discussed where said burglar had taking the wrong path in life. It seems said burglar didn't need any help and fell over a mop on the way out making an awful bang (this bang was heard from my bedroom and I promptly asked Bob if he thought someone was trying to break in. He said no. Biscuit didn't even stir)

If I were to sit down with a burglar and offer cake I might go with these little gems, how can anyone stay bad while clutching a moist vanilla cupcake, topped with lilac frosting, icing doves and tiny pearls? They can't, it's a fact of life. I made these little dove cakes last year for a function and I was overwhelmed by how many people (who I had never met) had to congratulate me on how lovely they were. Shop bought you ask? Well no but I am flattered that you think so. Even now it always ceases to amaze me when people like my cakes, I've never trained professionally, I've never even been on a course, all these little creations come from growing up watching Mamma Lee making the most wonderful cakes and then a lot of trial and error. Isn't it great when you find something that you love so much is something that you're actually not bad at? Yes. Yes it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment