Monday 22 April 2013

Wedding Daze


I haven't posted anything for a few days, not because I've been being lazy but quite the opposite, I have spent the entire weekend baking wedding cupcakes. Not just some of the weekend but the ENTIRE weekend. The thing is I've been having so much fun I feel I have neglected my everyday life, Bob, Biscuit, the cleaning (I'm not so bothered about that last one). Sometimes cake really does take over. It even intercepts my normals dreams of Ryan Gosling, winning the lottery and being able to fly. Saturday night I woke up at 3am with a master plan for icing using vintage colours,  by 6.45 I had got myself in such a tiz I just had to get up. Come 9am my dream was a reality and my pyjamas were covered in icing sugar. 

All because wedding season is coming up and I wanted a portfolio of beautiful cakes to show off at fairs. My favourite was this raspberry and coconut beauty, I wanted a larger cupcake so used souffle cups instead of normal cases and mixed thawed frozen raspberries and desiccated coconut into my normal vanilla batter. I kept back some of the raspberry juice for the butter cream which gave it this natural pink colour. I love vintage styling so wanted to use lace and pearls around the case to make this cake extra special, the result (if I do say so myself) was stunning. Who wouldn't want 100 of these delights displayed on their dessert table at a wedding? The great thing is that vintage is in so there are loads of amazing wedding accessories that can be tied into your wedding cake. My go to company and one I recommend all the time is Slater-Sparke, they do the most beautiful wedding stationary which match my cakes perfectly. You can find them at:

http://www.slatersparke.com/

Over the next few weeks I'll add more photos from my wedding collection but in the mean time I'll leave you wanting more...

No comments:

Post a Comment